Victor Rivera Jr. serves as Senior Counsel to Goetz Fitzpatrick LLP. He has over 30 years of broad-based experience in diverse and complex commercial litigation and construction law in both New York State and Federal Courts, as well as a thorough background in all aspects of civil litigation, including trials and appellate practice. He also has extensive experience in the areas of intellectual property (IP) and entertainment law.
Victor’s approach is to work with clients to resolve issues as expeditiously as possible. He represents owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals to enforce their contractual rights, filing injunctions and mechanics liens to protect their interests. Victor aggressively works to resolve conflicts in a way that is best for his clients. While some disputes can be resolved more quickly and amicably via mediation or arbitration, if a case proceeds to trial, Victor’s clients can count on him to be their fiercest defender.
On the Intellectual Property, Media & Technology front, Victor has been retained by prominent musicians, painters, and their estates to protect trademarks and copyrights and contest illegal and unlicensed use of their IP. He also protects construction and commercial intellectual property, including trade secrets.
Victor is a Founding Trustee and the Treasurer for the Board of Trustees of the Bedford-Stuyvesant New Beginnings Charter School, which opened its doors in September 2010.
- Ferrara Bros. Concrete Co. v. FMC Inc., et ano., 54 Misc.3d 529 (Sup. Ct., Queens Co. 2016)
- Bd. of Mgrs. of Hester Gardens v. Well-Come Holdings LLC, et al., 128 A.D.3d 601 (1st Dep’t 2015)
- Ferrara Bros. Concrete Co. v. FMC Inc., et ano., 2015 WL 11120488 (Sup. Ct., Queens Co. 2015), aff’d, 138 A.D.3d 685 (2nd Dep’t 2016)
- Ayyad-Ramallo v. Marine Terrace Assocs. LLC, 2014 WL 2993448 (E.D.N.Y. 2014)
- Courthouse Corporate Ctr., LLC v. Schulman, et ano., 2010 WL 9073307 (Sup. Ct., Suffolk Co. 2010), aff’d, 89 A.D.3d 672 (2011)
- Tribeca Equity, Ltd. v. 19-21 Leonard St. Condominium, 2007 WL 6882226 (Sup. Ct., N.Y. Co. 2007), aff’d, 28 A.D.3d 414 (1st Dep’t 2009)
- Sakow v. 633 Seafood Restaurant, Inc. et al., 2005 WL 6234507 (Sup. Ct., N.Y. Co. 2005), aff’d, 25 A.D.3d 418 (1st Dep’t 2006)
- Medco Plumbing, Inc. v. Sparrow Construction Corp., 22 A.D.3d 647 (2nd Dep’t 2005)
- Sakow v. 633 Seafood Restaurant, Inc. et al., 1 A.D.3d 298 (1st Dep’t 2003).